Sedation or General Anesthesia chid's dental?

Sedation or General Anesthesia chid's dental?

Sedation or General Anesthesia chid's dental?


Pretty much everybody just toughs it out and uses General. Both hurt. Also it's much more convenient to have it done in one session instead of 4, as less time is needed. Treat it as a lesson to your child, he brought the bad dental health upon himself so this is his punishment. And, yes, there is risk in sedation, it can cause possible cessation of breathing, though this is mostly nullified by having trained personnel on site.



Popular Q&A

Does an orthodontist make more money opening his own dental practice or with a group? Or does it depends?
Orthodontists don't make the most in dentistry. Specialists generally make pretty similar amounts, and there is no determined level, how much you earn depends on you- your interpersonal skills and your business-sense. They wouldnt be sharing, either, the perio, ortho, and gen. dentist all...

Any dentist or orthodontist care to answer a few questions?
Why don't you post the questions ? 1.what is the official title of your job? Director, Dental Department 2. how long have you been on this job? <3 years and was promoted to be the Director a year later. 3. how did you first get involved in this kind of work? I am the only dentist in my family. Dad was and brothers are physicians. I flunked the MCAT, but passed the DAT !.....So, there you go! ...but the goal was to do whatever I had to do with utmost sincerity. Then first got a job as a dentist and then gradually started to take on administrative responsibilities. 4.what are some of the major tasks that you do in your work? Manage the budget for the department, delegate responsibilities, set schedules and responsibilities for the staff, handle employee disputes, submit grant proposals, etc. 5. what other jobs have you had? how are they related, if at all, to the job you have now? practicing dentist, clinical instructor for students at dental school....this involved some administrative responsibilities 6.what training or education is required for this job? Have done certificate program in management, did master's in Bioethics...also work experience helps. 7. what do you like most about your job? Providing care to the patients. 8. how does your job affect what you do or dont do in your home and social life? Taking on administrative responsibilities has taken away some time from my family. Social life is fine....try to combine social engagements with family interaction. 9. how has technology influenced your career? Technology has facilitated the scheduling and budgeting aspect...record keeping also is easier with the software. 10. if you could do it all over again, would you still select this kind of work? why or why not? Yes, I would. Combining different aspects of duties establishes a good balance. Dentistry is a physically demanding profession. Full-time clinical practice, if continued for too many years can take its toll. On the other hand, too much administrative task can elevate your blood pressure ! So, always better to look for a perfect balance. 11.what gives you the most satisfaction in the work you are doing now? As I mentioned, providing care to the patients. I work at a health care center where people who are needy mostly get seen...that is another satisfaction that I get. 12. what future work or career goals do you have? what job or work do you hope to be involved with ten years from now? I want to get involved in the academic field. 13. what do you think are some important things that a person who is considering going into this kind of work should know about? It is very important to establish a balance between the ethical and business model of any practice. 14. are there any further comments or details you would like to add? Learning is a life-long process....therefore, attaining any "position" / title is not the end. I get to learn new skills (clinical and adminsitrative) everyday.

Free/Low Cost Dental Services?
there are no places like this with these prices at all like these, ga costs a lot of money

Odd for a Dentist?
It is unfortunate that it is not considered normal. He was doing what is called a head and neck exam. This is the dentist's area of medicine. Contrary to popular belief, dentists are medical practitioners. Believe it or not, their most important job is checking for head and neck cancer. It...

What to research before moving to a different state...?
Things can be very different from city to city within a state. You need to decide on a few different cities you'd consider and then research and compare them. In addition to the things you have already mentioned look at cost of living, unemployment, home foreclosures, insurance, crime, weather...